Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Knights on FICS

As suggested by other Knights I created an account on FICS recentely. My main objection to this was due to the winboard+telnet interface which I found really confusing, but after somebody pointed me the Babas Chess interface I decided to give it a try.

Before it I was playing on Yahoo! Games, but now I can assure FICS is *much* better. The people are more polite, you get a chance to talk(yes, I like talking about the games also), it's possible to put people on a notify list, get a list of your recent games and much more, besides the fact that I found it's rating scheme more reasonable(you get a different rating for lightning, blitz, standard etc).

I'd like to +notify all you Knights(and possibly non Knights), so, if you hang there, please let me know. =)

My handle there is "knightwizzy".

9 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Nezha said...

I've already added you to my notify list. If you want, you can add me too via "+notify nezha".

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger CelticDeath said...

I'm there, but usually only for tournament games. I'll add you to my list.

+notify CelticDeath

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

You got me already. BTW, did you get your 20 games yet? See you there!

PS

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger knightwiz said...

Pawnsensei,

Yes, 25 games by now.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Cool. Did you contact RomaLavrn about subbing for the championship round? The deadline is today 7pm FICS time.

PS

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger knightwiz said...

Not yet, I'll send him a message.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Margriet said...

Hi, I'll see you there. But at what time in your part of the world (where?)

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger knightwiz said...

Hi Margriet! Where are you from?
I live in Brazil(GMT -3), and I usually connect like midnight/1am, so, +notify knightwizzy, and say hello if you see me there =)

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Margriet said...

Netherlands, so when you are in chessland I'm in dreamland.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home