Saturday, May 07, 2005

A day of good games

Yesterday I played some good games on FICS, lost most of them, but I don't really care as long as do *learn* something from them.

In one of them playing against the "Italian Opening" I got caught in a trap(the "Fried Liver Attack") and all of a sudden I was a pawn down with my king in a very vulnerable position. It took me a lot of time trying to "fix up" the position, but at least after the game Harmless showed me the correct line(Although I was not playing him). Thanks =)

I have also finished the micro drills but didn't start the circles yet. I'm still in doubt wether to use a set organized by themes to get the basics, or to use problems without knowing the specific theme as in a real game there will be no "hey, look for an x-ray!" or "time for a double attack!".

I should start the circles soon, just need a while more to decide exactly what to do.

3 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I'm still in doubt wether to use a set organized by themes

I highly recommand this approach.
Because our study is all about patterns and similarities between patterns. You can always decide to make your life more difficult later, when things start to become easy.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Margriet said...

I agree with TS. Patterns are best learned by repeating them. And with the same themes you can learn to see the same pattern in all situations.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

In my Divine Tragedy, in the first circle I am doing it with the themes labeled, and then in the next circles without the themes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home