Monday, May 16, 2005

Not yet the circles...

... but definitely the start of my tactical training!

I decided to use the TASC Chess Tutor but without a schedule, at least for now. TASC has a huge collection of problems(2150) and a lot of text. I think I can get more if I go the first time through it from "cover to cover", reading the instructions carefully.

Another point is that TASC is divided by themes, what, as stated by other Knights, maybe a better aproach for a begginer.

I'm already half the way through Step 2, although I've skipped Step 1 because it's too basic(even for me!).

4 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Glad to hear more people are using TCT! I really enjoy the instruction, and the fact that the tests in each section are divided up into theme-specific tests followed by general tests, "Pick the correct move". These are invariably harder for me.

I just finished Step 1. The bits on profitable exchanges and twofold attacks were pretty helpful for me.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I like to see that you can value such fine Dutch product. . .

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger knightwiz said...

Thanks harmless, let's see what I can get from it. =)

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger King of the Spill said...

Yup, TCT is a good one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home