Thursday, May 26, 2005

Master games

I've been reading the "Logical Chess Move by Move" lately, I'm about half way through the book and can say it's helping me a *lot*. The games are not too complicated, the victories are usually built on simple plans, and the "move by move" explanations help to get the ideias even more clearly on my mind.

So far I've finished the games on Kingside Attack(16) and will now start the ones on the "Queen Pawn Openings" section. I'm sure this is gonna be great, as I have(at this time) no ideia what to do on queen pawn openings. I never play them, and when people use it against me I just go on developing my pieces as If i were playing a king pawn opening. Most of the time I just feel my game is geting "clumsy", so there must be something I'm missing.

I didn't memorize anything from the book but it certainly brought more "harmony" to my game. It's interesting to see how masters can get all pieces to cooperate so well.

Knights Tourney

Pawnsensei, I've posted a comment to you on RomaLavrn's blog, don't know if you saw it. Anyway you may drop here the days/times that suit you better. I don't use ICQ for a long time(just msn now), maybe you could switch the ICQ group to the forum that is about to be opened. Would be an easier way to get everybody connected. (besides our blogs, sure)

4 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger CelticDeath said...

Logical Chess is certainly a great book. It helped me a lot when I read it in high school. I actually adopted the openings in the book (I've since switched repertoires, but it was a good start).

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Margriet said...

Let me know what to do with queen side openings. I have allways problems with it. And it is not allways possible to play Fajarovitz (Buddapest variation).

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger knightwiz said...

Margriet, As soon as I figure it out I tell you! =)

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hey Knightwiz,

I thought you said you don't focus at all on openings? Have you changed your mind?

PS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home